Your questions answered:
Why should I become a member of BFM?
- Join the BFM and get immediate access to an amazing range of member benefits plus valuable discounts on services.
- We’ll help you stay legal, grow your business and boost your profits.
Who can join?
- You can join as a Full member if you are a furniture or furnishings manufacturing business. This includes sofas, beds and mattresses, kitchen and dining and outdoor furniture.
- You can join as an Associate member if you supply goods or services of the furniture trade.
- You can join as an Approved retail member if you stock products made by British furniture manufacturers in the UK.
How much does it cost?
- Full member prices are structured according to company turnover and start at £300 per year.
- Associate membership is £500 per year.
- Retail membership is structured according to number of outlets and start at £500 per year (including online). If a retailer is online only, the price is £2,000 per year.
How do I join?
You can join online here today or call 01295 724202 for assistance.
Can I pay my membership in instalments?
Membership fees can be paid by monthly direct debit or standing order. There may be administration charges for payment by instalments please call 01295 724202 for details.
What happens after I have submitted my application?
All applications need to be approved by the Board of Directors. This normally takes 7-10 days. You will be notified once your application is approved.
What happens after my application is approved?
We will contact you with a full welcome pack explaining how you can access our services.
I've forgotten my password. How do I log in?
Don’t worry! You can easily reset your password by using the ‘forgotten password' link on the login page.
How do I add a colleagues name to my membership account?
Our membership team can advise anyone who is named on your membership account.
Should you wish to add additional users to your membership account, your own company administrator can call us on 01295 724202 for assistance.
How do I get in touch with the membership team?
You can call us on 01295 724202.
Our normal office hours are 8.30 to 4.30, Monday to Friday.
Can I use the legal helpline and other benefits straight after joining?
Yes, you will have access to all of our benefits as soon as you join.
How do I get legal and employment advice?
Once you have joined, you will be issued with the details of how to use our employment and legal helpline.
How do I cancel my membership?
- Renewals are automatic- notification of cancellation is required by 1st of December prior to annual renewal.
- If you pay by instalments, you can cancel your membership at the end of the year when you have paid your membership fee in full.